Structured Family Caregiving (SFC)
Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health insurance coverage to low-income individuals and families. In Georgia, Medicaid is administered by the Department of Community Health (DCH).
If you are a personal support service (PSS) provider in Georgia offering CCSP or SOURCE programs and are interested in becoming a structured family provider, there are a few things you need to know. First and foremost, you must be enrolled as a CCSP / SOURCE provider for at least 3 years to apply for being eligible for SFC services. Once you are certified as an SFC provider, you can begin offering your services to families.
Why is Structured Family Caregiving (SFC) gaining popularity among family members?
The overall goal is to keep individuals out of the nursing home and allow for their family/relative caregivers to provide the care that they know their family members need.
- The SFC caregiver must live with the family member they’re caring for and be willing to provide the 24/7 care that’s needed; AND
- Be related biologically such as a daughter, grandchild, cousin, uncle etc. OR be related through marriage as a daughter-in-law, son-in-law, etc. (Spouses of waiver participants or legal guardians are not eligible for compensation under the SFC program.)
- In the state of Georgia, the care recipient should either be currently on the CCSP or SOURCE
- Program; OR
- The individual should be eligible for Georgia Medicaid and they must meet eligibility for the CCSP or SOURCE Program under the Elderly Disabled Waiver Program.
Why is Structured Family Caregiving (SFC) gaining popularity among Medicaid providers?
- Providers can skip the efforts of recruiting caregivers like they have to do for other personal support services (PSS) waivers
- Providers receive steady remuneration for their staff (professional health coaches) who provide coaching to structured family caregivers
- Providers are not required to pay or match federal taxes or provide workers compensation
- insurance to structured family caregivers.
Why Caryfy.ai is the number-one choice for the providers of the Structured Family Caregiving (SFC) program?
- Industry’s first and only digital workflow that connects your professional health coaches with Structured family caregivers and Case Managers within Caryfy.ai
- Ongoing support including useful care tips and local resources to develop your SFC offering
- Access to a secure mobile app, Caryfy, to connect structured family caregivers with your professional health coach
- Paperless Workflow so that your nurses can complete all relevant assessments through their secure mobile app – Caryfy Pro
- Peace of Mind knowing you are creating all relevant reports and other compliance documents digitally and securely.
If you are already offering a structured family caregiving program and are not satisfied with your current choice of system, we would love to chat with you about how Caryfy.ai can help you get set up quickly and easily!
Do not wait, book your personalized demo today to see how you can utilize Caryfy.ai to build and grow your own Structured Family Caregiving business.
Click here https://www.caryfy.ai/try-demo/
If you’re interested in learning more about the structured family caregiving program, please sign up for the SFC academy at roadtobusinesssuccess.com. Industry experts offer tips on becoming an SFC provider and growing your business within the field.
To enroll in the SFC Academy and receive your invitation, click here.